LPL Financial Announces Members of Inaugural Advisor Inclusion Council
The council is empowered to provide LPL leaders with ideas, suggestions and insights, as well as highlight challenges and opportunities of LPL advisors and investors. With their input, LPL seeks to further diverse and inclusive practices and deliver support that helps advisors meet the needs of their clients.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Oct. 2, 2018 – LPL Financial LLC, a leading retail investment advisory firm and independent broker-dealer, today announced the members of its inaugural LPL Advisor Inclusion Council. Throughout October, as LPL celebrates Diversity Awareness Month, members of the council are sharing their experiences and perspectives on the value of having a diverse practice and serving the needs of various cultural markets in features and videos on LPL.com.
The 18-member council is empowered to provide LPL leaders with ideas, suggestions and insights, as well as highlight challenges and opportunities of LPL advisors and investors. With their input, LPL seeks to further diverse and inclusive practices and deliver support that helps advisors meet the needs of their clients.
Members of the Advisor Inclusion Council include the following financial services professionals:
- Marcia Anton, Anton Financial
- Sarah Carlson, Fulcrum Financial Group
- Calvin Elam, EFinancial Advisors
- Stanley Funches, INTELUS Wealth Management
- Diane Gardner, LPL Financial
- Wes Garner, TDECU Wealth Advisors
- Taylor Huck, Investment Center Advisor Groups
- Jay Kabad, Jaykay Wealth Advisors, Inc.
- Laura LaTourette, North Georgia Wealth Management Group
- Jimmy Lee, The Wealth Consulting Group
- Albert Lopez, Independent Wealth Consultants
- Bobbie Meola, Stratos Wealth Partners
- Leila Ross, L. Ross Wealth Management
- Jennifer Strong, J E Strong Financial Network
- Ye Su, Partners Federal Credit Union
- Jason Valle, JV Financial LLC
- Lisa Van Arsdale, Lakeview Wealth Management
- Kristen Vitale, First Midwest Bank
“We are excited to have the partnership of this dynamic group of advisors who are so deeply engaged and eager to share their experiences,” said Kathleen Zemaitis, LPL senior vice president, head of Advisor Diversity and Inclusion. “We are committed to helping our advisors meet the needs of the changing marketplace, and by directly engaging with our advisors, we are seeking to address the issues and opportunities that will drive change and growth.”
In addition to featuring council members and other advisors representing diverse populations throughout the month, LPL is also launching a centralized resource for Diversity and Inclusion information this month, available to LPL advisors on the Resource Center. There, advisors can access information and support, including best practices and advisor features, to nurture advisor communities and to help manage and grow their business.
- Marcia Anton, Anton Financial: “Advisor’s Filipino Culture Influences her Client Relationships”
- Calvin Elam, EFinancial Advisors, Air Force Veteran helps re-envision LPL’s service delivery
- Stanley Funches, INTELUS Wealth Management: LPL Advisor Sees Opportunity in Diversity
- Jay Kabad, Jaykay Wealth Advisors, “Family of Financial Advisors Help Bridge Gap Between Generations”
- Laura LaTourette, North Georgia Wealth Management, “How I Built a Thriving Practice Serving as Both Advisor and Advocate”
About LPL Financial
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer***. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions.
Securities and Advisory Services offered through LPL Financial. A registered investment advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC.
* U.S. Advisor Metrics 2016
** T.D. Ameritrade/Financial Advisor Insider Study 2017
***Based on total revenues, Financial Planning magazine June 1996-2018
Discovery Financial Centers and LPL Financial are separate entities.