Enabling Economic Empowerment
The benefits LPL brings to the communities where we’re located go beyond the economic impact of the jobs we create and the goods and services we use. Through support from the LPL Financial Foundation, LPL’s charitable arm, and the countless volunteer hours donated by employees and advisors, LPL fosters economic empowerment through three core areas:
- Education to Empower Youth – Our efforts include mentoring at-risk youth, providing resources for student success, and supporting educational guidance to help students stay in school and graduate.
- Career Skill Cultivation – For adults, economic empowerment begins with the ability to obtain and sustain employment. To help the unemployed achieve job readiness, we offer programs that teach productive job search techniques. These efforts include conducting practice interviews, teaching effective resume writing and networking skills, and fostering professional development.
- Financial Literacy – LPL supports initiatives that help individuals manage their personal financial resources, including those that enhance familiarity and comfort with fundamental skills such as setting financial goals, budgeting, and managing funds.
LPL employees and advisors are actively working to better their local communities and to assist people in gaining the knowledge and resources to pursue financial security. Among the LPL-sponsored programs they participate in are:
- The College Readiness Initiative - LPL’s College Readiness Initiative brings LPL advisors, employees, and community partners together to work on college preparatory activities that encourage underserved high school students to pursue higher education. The program provides students with mentoring, skill-building development, and financial literacy education to guide them toward a future of economic empowerment and professional success.
- The Employee Volunteer Corps (EVC) – A team of employees is selected each year to champion volunteer efforts on behalf of LPL in their local communities. EVC members coordinate and promote volunteer events and recruit volunteers for activities such as teaching financial literacy, collecting and distributing school supplies, and sponsoring holiday gift drives.
- Focus Conference Advisor Volunteer Event – Every year at LPL’s national Focus Conference for advisors, LPL partners with local nonprofit organizations to host a volunteer event for advisors, employees, LPL Foundation board members, and guests. The events typically involve mentoring at-risk youth and teaching financial literacy and leadership skills to help them become the leaders of tomorrow.
- May Serve Days – Each year during the month of May, the LPL Foundation sponsors a variety of volunteer activities to support various organizations. Hundreds of employees throughout the organization participate in a wide array of activities, ranging from fundraising walks and clothing drives to community clean-up events and mentoring programs.
LPL and the LPL Foundation also sponsor numerous initiatives to make it easy for employees and advisors to participate in volunteer activities and to expand the reach of their efforts. Among them:
- The LPL Employee Volunteer Center – LPL provides resources to connect employees with volunteer opportunities in their communities, as well as tools for creating and sharing volunteer activities for various organizations.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) – LPL supports employees in their charitable work by providing up to 16 hours of paid volunteer time off (VTO) each year. Employees can participate in the volunteer activities of their choice, whether for LPL-sponsored events or independent volunteer efforts.
- Employee Matching Gift Program - To strengthen the reach and power of LPL employees’ charitable donations, LPL offers a Matching Gift program. Working through the LPL Financial Foundation, LPL matches employee donations of up to $500 to eligible nonprofit organizations (two contributions maximum annually).
- LPL Foundation Partnerships – The LPL Foundation also collaborates with numerous organizations, including Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Communities in Schools, and Junior Achievement, to mentor youth and provide career skills training. In addition, the Foundation provides renewable scholarships to college-bound children of our employees and our advisors, and donates to various nonprofit organizations.
LPL Financial’s community involvement is making the news. Below are just a few of the stories. You can also learn more about LPL’s work in our local communities by contacting our Community Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.