30% of LPL employees engaged in their communities. 1,100 employees reported over 11,000 volunteer hours; 11,000 hours of service is equal to a monetary value of $279,000 for our nonprofit partners
Our employees and financial professionals actively work to better their local communities and assist people in gaining the knowledge and resources to pursue financial security. Among the LPL-supported programs they participate in are:
- The College and Career Readiness Initiative. LPL’s College and Career Readiness Initiative brings LPL financial professionals, employees, and community partners together to increase access to college and career preparatory activities that encourage underserved students. The program provides students with mentoring, skill-building development, and financial literacy education to guide them toward a future of economic empowerment and professional success.
- The Employee Volunteer Corps (EVC). A team of employees is selected each year to champion volunteer efforts on behalf of LPL in their local communities. EVC members coordinate and promote volunteer events and recruit volunteers for activities such as teaching financial literacy, collecting and distributing school supplies, and hosting career exploration seminars.
- Focus Conference volunteer event. Every year at LPL’s national Focus Conference for financial professionals, we partner with local nonprofit organizations to host a volunteer event for financial professionals, employees, LPL Financial Foundation board members, and guests. Recent events have included mentoring underserved youth and teaching them financial literacy and leadership skills.
- May Serve Days. Every May, the LPL Financial Foundation hosts volunteer activities to support various organizations. Hundreds of employees participate in a wide array of activities, ranging from financial education seminars and clothing drives to community clean-up events and mentoring programs.
Enabling community involvement
LPL and the LPL Financial Foundation also support numerous initiatives to make it easy for employees and financial professionals to participate in volunteer activities and expand the reach of their efforts. Among them:
- The LPL Employee Volunteer Center. We connect employees with volunteer opportunities in their communities, as well as create and share volunteer activities with organizations that are meaningful to them.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO). We support employees in their charitable work by providing up to 16 hours of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO) each year. Employees can participate in the activities of their choice, whether for LPL-organized events or independent volunteer efforts.
- Employee Matching Gift Program. To amplify the impact of LPL employees’ and financial professionals’ charitable donations, the LPL Financial Foundation matches their contributions of up to $500 to eligible nonprofit organizations (two contributions maximum annually).
- LPL Financial Foundation partnerships. Our foundation collaborates with organizations in our home office communities of Charlotte, NC, and San Diego, CA. They include Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Communities in Schools, Junior Achievement, Johnson C. Smith University, and Cal State San Marcos, where we mentor youth and provide career skills training. The foundation also provides renewable scholarships to college-bound children of LPL employees and financial professionals, and donates to mission-aligned nonprofit organizations.