30% of LPL employees engaged in their communities. 1,100 employees reported over 11,000 volunteer hours; 11,000 hours of service is equal to a monetary value of $279,000 for our nonprofit partners
Our employees and financial professionals actively work to better their local communities, and help them access the knowledge and resources to pursue financial security. This includes the following LPL-supported programs:
- LPL Foundation Volunteer Employee Resource Group. A team of employees who champion volunteer efforts on behalf of LPL in their local communities. Members coordinate and promote volunteer events and recruit volunteers to teach financial literacy, conduct practice interviews, and host career exploration seminars.
- Focus Volunteer Event. During Focus—LPL’s premier sales and education conference—we partner with local non-profit organizations to host a volunteer event for financial professionals, employees, LPL Financial Foundation board members, and guests. Recent events have included mentoring underserved youth and teaching them financial literacy and leadership skills.
- Annual Serve Days. Every year, the LPL Financial Foundation hosts volunteer activities to support various organizations. Hundreds of employees participate in a wide array of activities, ranging from financial education seminars, community clean-up events, and hunger-relief efforts.
Enabling Community Involvement
LPL and the LPL Foundation also support numerous initiatives that make it easy for employees and financial professionals to participate in volunteer activities and expand the reach of their efforts, including:
- The LPL Employee Volunteer Center. We connect employees with volunteer opportunities in their communities, as well as create and share volunteer activities with organizations that are meaningful to them.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO). We support employees in their charitable work by providing up to 16 hours of paid VTO each year. Employees can participate in the activities of their choice, whether for LPL-organized events or independent volunteer efforts.
- Matching Gift Program. To amplify the impact of LPL employees’ and financial professionals’ charitable donations, the LPL Financial Foundation matches their contributions of up to $500 to eligible non-profit organizations (two contributions maximum annually).
- LPL Financial Foundation Partnerships. Our foundation collaborates with organizations in our home office communities of Charlotte, NC, and San Diego, CA. They include Big Brothers / Big Sisters, Communities in Schools, Junior Achievement, Johnson C. Smith University, and Cal State San Marcos, where we mentor youth and provide career skills training. The foundation also provides renewable scholarships to college-bound children of LPL employees and financial professionals, and donates to mission-aligned non-profit organizations.