Meeting Manager really is this one-of-a-kind tool that’s really about customizing the way advisors facilitate, manage, and even run their client meetings.
A Guided Approach to Independence
Once beacons of prosperity for financial advisors, wirehouses have been adding barriers to success. Complicated compensation grids, sales quotas, restrictions on clientele, mandated meetings, tightly controlled branding—all contribute to the breakaway trend. Advisors are leaving wirehouses for independent broker dealers. And for those who want help running a business, many BDs are offering “soft landing” options.1
You no longer have to choose between getting the support and resources of a wirehouse and being able to control your client relationships. In these new models, you’re supported in day-to-day functions like technology, marketing, administration, accounting, operations, and human resources (HR). You still own your book, but you don’t have to be an expert in entrepreneurship.
With these new pathways to what we like to call supported independence, many former wirehouse advisors are finding success as independent financial advisors.
“A supported advisor model such as the one LPL Financial launched has been a long time coming and is a welcomed breath of fresh air in a financial services industry plagued by the old school, C-suite thinking of wirehouse firms,” said Frank LaRosa, President and CEO of Elite Consulting Partners.
As an independent financial advisor, you can:
- Recommend only the products that meet your clients’ needs—no sales quotas.
- Decide who you work with and how you work with them.
- Control your brand and presence on social media.
- Plan a legacy that keeps your business in good hands.
- Grow as fast as you desire with acquisition support.
- Focus on the parts of your business you enjoy most and outsource the rest.
- Succeed on your own terms.
- Get paid what you deserve.
At LPL, you can do that in any number of ways.
Supported independence at LPL
If you’re interested in breaking away but not ready to take on the full responsibility of small business ownership, consider one of our soft landing options:
- Independent employee—Through our Linsco model, you can join LPL as an employee of the firm and still run an independent practice. You own your book. You manage your relationships. We support you with the full resources of a nationally-leading wealth management firm.
- Full-service concierge—Let us run your business for you. With Strategic Wealth Services, you get a dedicated team to handle technology, marketing, administration, accounting, and operations, both transition and on an ongoing basis. Your executive partner facilitates your teams and coaches you through the nuances of entrepreneurship.
- Outsourced services—Join LPL as a fully autonomous business owner, and lean on us for as many support functions as you like, up to and including compliance via our Corporate RIA. Through LPL Business Solutions, you can get marketing, technology, HR, and accounting support. And our internal consultants will help you mold and grow your business.
Interested in supported independence for your breakaway move?
Contact your recruiter for a confidential conversation about your options.
Start the conversation
Our dedicated team has broad expertise in the financial service industry and is ready to help you find the ideal environment in which to grow.
Strategic Wealth Services
A fully integrated breakaway solution that supports financial professionals in their transition and ongoing success.