Content is a key ingredient for continuing to build and maintain both current and prospective client relationships.
Content is still king, and will likely only become more important throughout 2020. After all, content is a key ingredient for continuing to build and maintain both current and prospective client relationships.
Coming up with creative, engaging, and relevant content throughout the year can be challenging and time-consuming. Our team has created a detailed calendar, along with printable template examples, to help you make the most of each engagement opportunity throughout the year.
To help you and your practice begin planning your content for next year, I’ve compiled all you need to know about the LPL Marketing Content Calendar.
- What is it? The LPL Marketing Content Calendar is a tool designed to help give advisors and their staff content ideas to simplify their overall digital marketing strategy. The idea is that you’re able to use the turnkey topics provided for building customized email campaigns, social media posts, and client events throughout the year. The calendar consists of 12 calendar months, 10 different outreach categories, and over 400 individual ideas broken down by day.
- Where to find it? The Marketing Content Calendar is housed on the Resource Center. To locate it, simply search “Marketing Content Calendar” in the Resource Center, or follow this path: Your Business > Manage Your Business > Marketing > Marketing Your Practice > 2020 Marketing Content Calendar. If you’re part of our LPL Marketing blog subscriber list, the content calendar has already been emailed to your LPL email address.
- How is it used? Getting started is often the hardest part, but we’ve detailed a step-by-step guide for you!
- First, choose the calendar template you would like to use. I recommend a quarterly template to start off but we’ve also offered an annual option as well.
- Next, begin identifying content ideas from the calendar that you believe fit your brand. Keep in mind that not every idea on the calendar is meant to be used; choose those you feel most appropriately connect with your practice.
- Next, decide which content channels you will use (social media, email, blog, etc.) and how frequently you’d like to communicate through those channels.
- Lastly, begin filling out the calendar template you chose and assign your content strategy to someone for ownership.
- What if I still need help? Need additional direction? Not to worry: Our Marketing Consulting team is here to walk you through a customized approach that will be tailored to your practice. We’ll work with you one-on-one to build a marketing strategy that encompasses your value proposition and the branding that best reflects what you have to offer clients.
LPL advisors can contact the Marketing Consulting team for more information or to schedule a one-on-one consultation.
Find out more about financial advisor marketing strategies from LPL marketing consultants.
If you're already an LPL Financial advisor, get exclusive marketing, branding, and social media marketing tools and trainings on the Resource Center.
You should consult your compliance department for information about the rules and use of social media.