Independent Advisor Institute at LPL Financial
Are you looking for the next step in your career journey? If you’re seeking a position with high growth potential, in a field that can directly impact the lives of others, become an independent financial advisor with the help of LPL Financial’s Independent Advisor Institute (IAI) and our network of established financial professionals.
Join LPL’s Independent Advisor Institute program.
What’s the Next Step for You?
Deciding on your next step gives you the opportunity a reassess what matters to you. If having a career that offers continued professional growth, earning potential, and the ability to help others matters to you then LPL’s Independent Advisor Institute just might be your next step.
The IAI program sets you on a path toward a fulfilling career as a financial advisor while presenting you with the knowledge, skills, and growth opportunities you need. You will emerge prepared for success in an in-demand industry that thrives on strong relationships with your clients and your community.
How the Program Works For You
Through the program, you will be paired with an established LPL financial advisor in your community. In the first year, you’ll receive a competitive salary through LPL Financial while gaining experience within your managing advisor’s office.
Valuable blend of on-the-job training and distance learning will help you develop the skills needed for success and lay the groundwork for long-term growth.
In addition to your managing advisor, you’ll have access to a wide variety of leading professionals within the industry and LPL community, including:
- Experienced financial advisors who are part of the nation’s largest independent advisor network
- Product experts
- Marketing, sales, and practice optimization coaches
- LPL leaders
Together, these individuals will support you as you complete the IAI curriculum, obtain your Series 7 and 66 licenses, and become an established advisor. Along with the coursework, you’ll attend conferences and learning sessions at LPL’s Home Office with other new-to-the-industry advisors.. Throughout the program, you’ll build industry acumen and hone the skills to help you connect with clients and build long-term relationships.
At the end of the year, you’ll officially join your managing advisor’s practice as you continue to develop and grow a broader set of client relationships. As alumni of the Independent Advisor Institute, you’ll continue to have access to leading support from LPL to provide independent financial advice.
What You Offer
- A passion for helping others determine and pursue their financial goals
- 1- 3 years of applicable professional experience and/or experience working in a professional sales or entrepreneurial setting
- High attention to detail and a desire to deliver superior client service
- A confident and engaging presence, high emotional intelligence, and willingness to listen
- Enthusiasm forbuilding relationships and influencing a network of potential clients
- Motivation to complete training and obtain Series 7 and 66 licenses within the first six months of employment
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and software programs
- Ability to learn and accept standard operating procedures and compliance regulations
- Open to receiving and applying constructive feedback
- Personal finances in good standing
- Clean criminal record
- Bachelor’s degree
What You’ll Receive
- A comprehensive, holistic path to a career as a financial advisor
- Competitive compensation, including benefits and the opportunity to for additional performance incentives
- Guidance and experience working alongside a tenured financial advisor
- One-on-one consultation and coaching
- Opportunities to interact with clients and learn the process of building a business
- Valuable training and support during your preparation for the licensing exams, as well as additional learning modules that build a strong foundational knowledge of the industry
- Nationwide network of program participants and opportunities for program-wide discussion and study groups
- A dedicated service line and access to LPL staff
- The knowledge that you’re helping clients turn their financial and life goals into reality
If this sounds like the right fit for you, view our open Independent Advisor Institute positions today.
Forge a New Path
What does it mean to be a financial advisor? How will I build my network? When can I take on clients? Find answers to these questions and more with our FAQs.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2020, based on total revenue.
The IAI Program
Find more detailed information about the program’s timeline, curriculum, and benefits in our brochure.
If you have the people skills, sales experience, and drive needed to start a career in this high-potential field, browse available opportunities in your area.