LPL’s ESG vision: To take care of our financial professionals and their clients by operating responsibly and ethically and strengthening trust with our mutual stakeholders.
Business the socially responsible way
At LPL Financial, our mission drives everything we do. It keeps us focused, agile, and accountable so we can take care of our advisors even as demographics change, new technologies emerge, and our industry transforms.
Our mission also ensures we focus our business on areas that create the greatest positive impact. While at its core LPL’s business affects our employees, our advisors, and their clients, we also recognize that there are environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors we affect through our work.
Learn about our initiatives, accomplishments, and ongoing efforts in our corporate sustainability report.
Social responsibility in action
Our sustainable framework begins by applying an ESG lens to all of our business priorities.
Strategy – To create conditions that will underpin the sustainability of an industry-leading service experience, and to develop ESG as a business driver that helps our clients operate and grow their practices.
Execution – Ensuring sustainable quality as we continuously improve. Reducing waste and prioritizing resources – both human and financial – where they most positively impact our clients.
Culture – ESG is the epitome of one of our cultural values around big picture thinking, encouraging us to think about every upstream and downstream impact to our business and the environment we operate in.
2020 social responsibility highlights
As of December 31:
- Our Model Wealth Portfolio (MWP) Sustainable Investing Model is our fastest growing MWP model, both in terms of AUM and accounts. The AUM is now over $572 million.
- LPL Financial received a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign on our Corporate Equality Index, earning the designation “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality”
- Approximately 44.4% of our directors represent women and people of color
- Employee top talent retention is over 95%, well above industry average
- Our paperless efforts provided a savings of over $3.3 million, while reducing our environmental footprint
- The LPL Financial Foundation, extended a combined $1 million in financial support to national and local organizations serving those in need during the COVID-19 crisis.
- We launched our LPL Vendor Code of Conduct
Respecting Human Rights
We believe we can make a positive difference if we begin by respecting the basic fundamental freedoms of human rights.
Vendor Code of Conduct
LPL's Mission Statement, “We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients,” reflects our passion in serving our advisors, who make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people across the country. Our many Vendors and business partners that provide products and services to LPL play a critical role in supporting our achievement of this mission.
LPL Steering Committee Charter
LPL’s ESG Steering Committee is a cross-functional management committee that assists our senior executive leadership team in setting general strategy relating to ESG.
Diversity and investing
What does diversity and inclusion have to do with investing? The answer is socially responsible investing.
From desk-side recycling to net zero water usage, LPL makes environmental sustainability business as usual.